2. Tennent Caledonian is registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner. We are compliant with the Act, so we are licensed to hold and process personal information and must comply with the Act for anything we do with it.
3. We will collect the name and email address of those persons who subscribe to email updates relating to Tennent Caledonian. These details will be stored on a server in the United Kingdom and will be used only for the express purpose of alerting subscribers, by email, of Tennent Caledonian news and developments. Other information we may ask for from time to time (for instance, when a user wishes to enter a contest or other promotional feature) includes full name, postcode and date of birth. We may also ask some further voluntary questions so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. Your responses will help us to personalise services for our users. We do not share this ‘additional’ information with third parties unless you have consented to this. Tennent Caledonian does not rent, trade or sell your personal information to others. Information collected is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
4. The information provided by you is not available for sale or use by third parties, including an advertiser, without that user’s explicit prior permission, except where a government, regulatory body or the law requires us to disclose your personal information. We collect information on our customers in two ways: through cookies and email registration. For more information about cookies, please see below. We also collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which type of users.
5. ‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are primarily used to store information about your preferences and other information which you may need when you visit a website. They also make it possible for us to identify registered users without needing to ask for registration details every time you access one of our websites. Using cookies makes accessing our sites more convenient as you don’t need to remember your username and password each time you enter.
7. If you are concerned about cookies, you can turn them off in your browser. However, if you do this please note that some areas of the site may not work properly.
8. You have a right under the Act to access the information we hold about you, subject to certain conditions. If at any time you wish to update or correct any personally identifiable information you have provided, or you no longer wish us to collect or use any personally identifiable information for the purposes described above, please contact us by clicking on the ‘Contact Us’ button on this site or write to us at:
Tennent Caledonian Breweries UK Limited
161 Duke Street
If you are currently receiving one of our email alerts and no longer wish to do so, please click the “Unsubscribe” link which is included at the bottom of all our emails. If you wish to update the details we have on record for you, please contact us using our web form. If we do not hear otherwise from you, we will assume the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date and that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the personally identifiable information you provide to us about yourself or others for the purposes described above.